Join SSWCA, the only national organization dedicated to Secondary School Writing Centers!
We welcome members from all of the following:
- Established Secondary School Writing Centers
- Brand New Secondary School Writing Centers
- Postsecondary School Writing Centers
- Independent parties interested in establishing and/or supporting writing centers in their educational institutions (Administrators, Department Chairs, Prospective Directors, Tutors, etc.)
Annual memberships for each organization will cost $55. 2017-2018 memberships expire on July 31, 2018. All memberships are active for one academic year.
As a Member of SSWCA, your school will have access to:
- An updated copy of Secondary Schools Writing Centers: A Resource Toolkit.
- Curriculum ideas for peer tutoring classes or training materials.
- An updated membership list with contact information
- Professional support and community
- Advocacy for sustaining and building legitimacy of peer tutoring centers (liaisons, statistics, and student, teacher and administration testimonials – provided in the Resource Toolkit).
- The opportunity to submit writing for publication on the SSWCA blog
- The opportunity to attend SSWCA conferences and events with discounted registration fees.
- The opportunity to run for an Executive Board position.
Your membership fees cover: accounting assistance; fees required by the state or Federal government; website, newsletter, and mailing costs; operational fees; promotional materials; general materials and supplies; and possible grants for new or underfunded schools and/or tutors to attend CAPTA/SSWCA events.